Port VG-AHRS program and library to another Hardware

Hi,

is it possible to port openIMU library to another hardware? I have my own design board using ADIS16445 ( 6DOF IMU ) and HMC5883, my MCU is STM32F407VET6, is it possible to port your library to my board? is it possible to port your VG-AHRS application to my new hardware?

Best regards,
Amin.

It is possible. However, I do not think that will be an easy task.

Hi,
Thanks for your answer, could you please give me a starting point? What if I use the same mcu you are using on openIMU300za?

Do you want to port the entire firmware to your board or just the algorithm? From your post, it seems you are trying to port the entire firmware. Anything that is hardware-specific needs updated, which includes hardware driver, spi/uart interface,...

Dear Dong,

Thanks for your reply, I was thought about both porting entire firmware and just using the algorithm, it seems that I only can use your algorithm in my board, so I need to write all drivers such as uart and spi for my new board myself, its okay, please tell me how can I use your algorithm in my new board, I'm using ARM Keil IDE and HAL libraries, please let me know about your algorithm dependencies.

Best regards,
Amin.

The algorithm itself is actually platform independent. However, due to some tradeoffs in implementation, it is slightly coupled with firmware code. What you need to do is to separate the algorithm from the firmware, which can either be easy or difficult depending on if you are familar with embedded development.