OpenIMU300ZA in UART mode vs IMU example

Hello. I downloaded the IMU example via Custom IMU Examples interface within the Aceinna's OpenIMU Platform plug-in for VSCode. I expected the IMU example to work similar to the firmware which is shipped with the device. However, it doesn't seem the case.

The shipped firmware does reply to the Memsic's UART commands from Memsic's NAV-VIEW program, while the IMU example firmware does not.

The shipped firmware does reply to the python-openimu/commands.py requests, while the IMU example firmware does not.

My questions are:

1. Was I right or wrong expecting the IMU example to work similar to the firmware which is shipped with the device?

2. Do the OpenIMU300ZA devices undergo any individual calibrations before shipping?

3. If yes, then are the individual calibration parameters stored in the area which is not erased during uploading of IMU example firmware via ST-Link programmer? (so that IMU example firmware could pick them up)

1. what's error log when you try to connect OpenIMU300(IMU firmware download from VsCode extension) with commands.py? What is your unit SN number? As for the OpenIMU serial product, we recommend use python driver tool while the NAV-VIEW tool is not fully supported.
  2. yes, each OpenIMU300ZA will pass individual calibration in factory before released to customer.
  3. Yes, if you just download applications, the individual calibration area in flash will not be erased.

Device SN: 1808400503

Error message from python-openimu/commands.py (Python 3.6.1, Windows 10 Pro):

could not open port 'COM20': PermissionError(13, 'Access is denied.', None, 5)

It works with default firmware, then I just program the IMU example firmware (via ST-Link) and that's the error which I have as a result. No other process actually holds COM20; same result when running with administrator provileges. Merely returning the default firmware makes it work again.

Which IMU example you want to programed?
For the EXE, pls check whether it works well or not.
We doubt COM20 may be not right port which connect to user port of IMU, so try to confirm COM20 works by 2 ways:

1. By device management of WIN 10, check which port is right by plug in and out the IMU.
  2. By serial port debugging tool, Pls check the COM20 port works or not. Pls try 57600 or 115200 baud rate firstly, Below example(a2 packet, 55 55 61 32 starting) received means connecting well, then you can disconnect the serial port debug tool and try to connect IMU by python-openIMU(or EXE).
    810ec9b3-0a62-482b-9f23-e6ca739c4c27-image.png

Which IMU example you want to programed?

The one I mentioned in my first message: the "IMU" example (with annotation "An IMU provide calibrated inertial sensor data to the user") downloaded via Aceinna's OpenIMU Platform plug-in for VSCode.

For the EXE, pls check whether it works well or not.

What is this software? (I can't try it right now, shall only be able next week)

We doubt COM20 may be not right port which connect to user port of IMU

The COM port doesn't change, because I don't plug the device's serial interface in or out while I program the firmware back and forth via ST-Link. Besides, commands.py scans all available COM ports.